Rocket Pesto for Heart Health
Rocket is a leafy green that packs a punch when it comes to flavour and nutrition. Also known as arugula, rocket’s bitter leaves are high in nitrates. These can convert to nitric oxide in the body, helping to dilate blood vessels and promote healthy blood flow. Look after your heart health by including rocket and leafy greens in your diet.
For a new twist on an old favourite, give rocket pesto a try!
- 100 g rocket leaves
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For a dairy free option, use brewer’s yeast in place of cheese.
- Process ingredients in food processor or blender until desired consistency is reached. Serve and enjoy.
- Delicious tossed into freshly cooked pasta with additional parmesan and a side salad, as a dip with crackers or crudites, smeared onto sandwiches with your favourite fillings, or mixed through steamed or roast veges.