Anti-inflammatory salmon pasta
- Pasta of choice (preferably wholegrain)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, plus extra
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small segments
- 200 gm fresh salmon lightly steamed
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 200 gm cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. When al dente, drain, rinse and set aside.
- To prepare pasta sauce, steam broccoli for several minutes until lightly cooked. Heat olive oil in a wide pan and cook onion until translucent.
- Add broccoli, salmon, capers, tomatoes and lemon juice to the pan and combine.
- Toss in cooked pasta and gently heat until warmed through.
- Add a final flourish of good quality extra virgin olive oil if needed for additional moisture.
- Season with salt and pepper, garnish with fresh basil leaves and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese to serve.